Thursday, May 31, 2007

They're doing amazing things with fountain drink technology

Well, if you saw my last post you know that I went on a bit of a road trip last weekend (the swim wasnt that bad). Well, I ran across something on my trip that changed my life in an instant.

My friend and I stop at a random gas station in Tupelo, Mississippi. By all accounts, it appeared to be merely your average, run of the mill gas station. That, my friends, was wrong.

My eyes scanned the gas station as I tried to locate something to drink. I saw a big sign above a brightly lit up fountain machine that simply read "BURST". As I walked over towards the fountain drink machine, I noticed that there seemed to be a ridiculously high number of buttons on this particular machine. As I drew near, I saw that beside each drink choice was three extra buttons. One button was cherry flavoring, one was vanilla, and one was lime.



Turns out you can select up to two flavors to add to your cool beverage free of charge! You want a cherry vanilla coke? No problem! What about a lime vanilla diet sprite? Go to town!

I thought you'd be impressed...

4 comments:

Robin said...

Or you could go to Sonic . . .

So what did you get?

lilkup said...

That is cool.

Nazarene Youth Pastor said...

"Or you could go to Sonic..."

Listen Robin, I don't need your smarmy comebacks. Don't make me revise my opinion on putting a wall on our Northern border as well. By the way, it says I have to be invited to view your blog now.

We actually made sure to stop there coming back after discovering it on the way there. The first time I got a Cherry/Lime Coke- the second I went risky with a Lime-Vanilla coke. I was pleased both times.

Robin said...

I'm impressed with the recklessness of your choices. I don't know if I could do it.

Send me your email address and I'll invite ya! Then you could again enjoy more of my "smarmy comebacks" from a Northerner and a North of Northerner. I posted a message for a few days on my blog, but clearly you're not a REGULAR reader.